October 14, 2014
- Building one of these plants in the Appalachian Basin will go a long way to determining the impact shale drilling has on local manufacturing, particularly the plastics industry.
October 13, 2014
- W.Va. oil, gas jobs grow modestly, but salaries jump West Virginia’s oil and gas industry grew by just 69 jobs in 2013, but average salaries ...
- West Virginia's oil and gas industry grew by just 69 jobs in 2013, but average salaries jumped more than $2,400.Workforce West Virginia's update came in an Oct. 8 draft report to state legislators. State law requires a Marcellus shale-related employment update by Nov. 1 annually.There were 727 fewer workers on oil and gas pipelines and related structures last year, an 18.4 percent drop. Other ...
- West Virginia's oil and gas industry grew by just 69 jobs in 2013, but average salaries jumped more than $2,400.
- The shale revolution in America is helping to bring oil prices lower, keep gas prices down, and give the economy a boost in the process. But an oil-extraction process known as horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, has taken the spotlight for a number of different economic and environmental reasons.
October 12, 2014
- HOUSTON, Pa. - Philadelphia's reindustrialization starts 300 miles away at a sprawling processing plant in Southwestern Pennsylvania where liquid fuels extracted from Marcellus Shale gas begin a cross-state journey to the Delaware River.
October 10, 2014
- A lot of Utica Shale gas will be used to make plastics for bags, toys and automotive parts, said Anthony Palmer, a vice president of IHS Chemical Consulting. On Tuesday, Palmer will join an number of other industry experts at Utica Summit II,
October 9, 2014
- Poland’s ambition to achieve energy independence from Russia is being undermined by drillers giving up on the nation’s shale wells after disappointing results.
October 8, 2014
- By Scott DiSavino and Barani Krishnan (Reuters) - Impressed by the riches created by shale gas in some U.S. Northeast states, Virginia is working to build a manufacturing hub and create thousands of jobs from the cheap fuel that will soon flow into the state, Governor Terry McAuliffe said on Wednesday. Shale gas output has jumped more than 10 fold in less than a decade, transforming the ...
- EQT Corp. ( EQT -1.4% ) and NextEra Energy ( NEE +1.6% ) say their pipeline joint venture has landed firm commitments for nearly all the listed capacity in its proposed Mountain Valley Pipeline, allowing the project to move forward . The 300-mile pipeline will tie into the Equitrans system in West Virginia and carry natural gas from the Marcellus and Utica shale fields into Virginia, serving the ...