April 11, 2014
- Bloomberg BNA — Research on the local impacts of shale gas development finds a host of positive and negative impacts, with the long-term consequences still to be determined, according to scholars reviewing different aspects of the activity.
- Wetzel County has always been a producer of natural gas, but a boom in the Marcellus Shale gas shale drilling really put it on the map for the Mountain State.
- Lately, the news media, Internet, local papers, Facebook, FracTracker, etc. have produced huge amounts of information on the Marcellus Shale and “slick water” hydro-fracking. In the following context, I will try to enlighten you on one aspect of the Marcellus Shale gas drilling operation – radiation.
April 10, 2014
- The construction by Odebrecht of a petrochemical hub for Brazilian chemical company Braskem in West Virginia got an important boost recently. Antero Resources, an independent gas and oil company, agreed to supply about 30,000 barrels a day of ethane, half of the project's gas needs.
- Gastar Exploration reported that production from its Marshall County, West Virginia operations resumed Wednesday night at reduced rates following a 4-1/2 day shut-in that resulted from the rupture Saturday ...
- HOUSTON, April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Gastar Exploration Inc. (NYSE MKT: GST) ("Gastar") reported today that production from its Marshall County, West Virginia operations resumed Wednesday night at reduced rates following a 4-1/2 day shut-in that resulted from the rupture Saturday morning of a natural gas pipeline operated by Williams Partners. Gastar is currently producing at a gross rate of ...
April 9, 2014
- WHEELING - Breathing only a tiny amount of silica dust per day - enough, roughly, to cover Franklin Delano Roosevelt's nose on a dime - can put a worker at risk for myriad health problems, according to Michael Breitenstein of the National Institute...
April 7, 2014
- HOUSTON, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Gastar Exploration Inc. (NYSE MKT: GST) announced today that its production in Marshall County, West Virginia has been shut-in since early Saturday morning due to the rupture of a pipeline operated by Williams Partners. Gastar hopes to restart production, which currently represents approximately two-thirds of its average daily production, as early as ...
April 4, 2014
- The Marcellus is Chesapeake?s single largest hydrocarbon play, contributing around 147,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (mboe/d) of the company's total production (oil and gas) during Q4 2013.
- On May 15, 2014, the Shale Gas Innovation & Commercialization Center will announce the four winners of their Shale Gas Innovation Contest. Each winner will receive a check for $25,000.