November 25, 2013
- HARRISBURG -- How many jobs the shale drilling boom has actually created is up for debate, according to a new report issued this week.
November 21, 2013
- CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- The boom in shale-gas drilling accounts for thousands of regional jobs but has not lived up to some of the most optimistic estimates offered by industry backers, according to a report released Thursday. Natural gas drilling in the Mar...
- A decommissioned underground pipeline that once carried gasoline across the state and through Lancaster County could see new life from the Marcellus shale gas boom.Representatives of Sunoco Inc., of Philadelphia, have recently been in West Cocalico and Clay townships doing site surveys and scouting ...
November 20, 2013
- By Sarfaraz A. Khan. Read more » » Related Stocks: AR , COG ,
November 17, 2013
- Environmentalists won’t stop the shale gas craze. Neither will federal regulators. But a lack of water could possibly do so. And that is why drillers are looking for new ways to find water supplies -- or fresh water supplies would be jeopardized as a result of fossil fuel development.
- Environmentalists won?t stop the shale gas craze. Neither will federal regulators. But a lack of water could possibly do so. And that is why drillers are looking for new ways to find water supplies -- or fresh water supplies would be jeopardized as a result of fossil fuel development.
November 16, 2013
- PITTSBURGH - The CEO of a company with active Marcellus and Utica shale operations in Monroe, Washington, Wetzel, Tyler and Pleasants counties said having an ethane cracker in nearby Parkersburg would be "phenomenal.
November 15, 2013
- PITTSBURGH - Emphasizing the move could "truly change the world," Consol Energy President Nick DeIuliis said selling five coal mines to raise cash to drill more Marcellus and Utica shale natural gas wells primes his company for the futur.
November 14, 2013
- PARKERSBURG, W.Va. -- West Virginia is again in the running for a petrochemical complex. This time around, a Brazilian company, Odebrecht, will look to capitalize on the regional opportunities in the Marcellus and ...
- Former President George W. Bush and Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett are scheduled to speak at a shale gas drilling conference in Pittsburgh.