October 12, 2014
- HOUSTON, Pa. - Philadelphia's reindustrialization starts 300 miles away at a sprawling processing plant in Southwestern Pennsylvania where liquid fuels extracted from Marcellus Shale gas begin a cross-state journey to the Delaware River.
October 10, 2014
- A lot of Utica Shale gas will be used to make plastics for bags, toys and automotive parts, said Anthony Palmer, a vice president of IHS Chemical Consulting. On Tuesday, Palmer will join an number of other industry experts at Utica Summit II,
October 9, 2014
- Poland’s ambition to achieve energy independence from Russia is being undermined by drillers giving up on the nation’s shale wells after disappointing results.
October 8, 2014
- By Scott DiSavino and Barani Krishnan (Reuters) - Impressed by the riches created by shale gas in some U.S. Northeast states, Virginia is working to build a manufacturing hub and create thousands of jobs from the cheap fuel that will soon flow into the state, Governor Terry McAuliffe said on Wednesday. Shale gas output has jumped more than 10 fold in less than a decade, transforming the ...
- EQT Corp. ( EQT -1.4% ) and NextEra Energy ( NEE +1.6% ) say their pipeline joint venture has landed firm commitments for nearly all the listed capacity in its proposed Mountain Valley Pipeline, allowing the project to move forward . The 300-mile pipeline will tie into the Equitrans system in West Virginia and carry natural gas from the Marcellus and Utica shale fields into Virginia, serving the ...
October 6, 2014
- The proposed $5B Atlantic Coast Pipeline that would deliver natural gas to the southeastern U.S. is finding pockets of opposition along its planned path in West Virginia and Virginia, where it would carve through two national forests. To be sure, the pipeline has plenty of supporters, including Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, who says the project will boost the state’s economy by attracting new ...
- FORT WASHINGTON, Pa., Oct. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PetroChoice, a leading provider of lubrication solutions, announced today that it has opened a 19,000 square foot distribution center in Bridgeport, OH. ...
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation announced today that it has initiated a process to obtain two new credit facilities and refinance its existing revolving credit facility.
October 5, 2014
- The Marcellus Shale is one of the largest shale formations in the United States, containing an estimated 84 trillion cubic feet of natural gas underneath portions of Maryland, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, according to a 2011 U.S. geological survey.
October 4, 2014
- By Steve Szkotak Associated Press RICHMOND, Va. - A proposed $5 billion pipeline that would deliver natural gas to the Southeast is finding pockets of opposition along its planned path in West Virginia and Virginia, where it would carve through two national forests. The 550-mile Atlantic Coast Pipeline is also seeing resistance in remote high-elevation sections of Virginia amid concerns it would ...