March 20, 2015
- A proposed natural gas pipeline from West Virginia to Southside Virginia is running into opposition.
March 19, 2015
- By Ken Ward Jr. Three families in Summers and Monroe counties have filed suit to stop developers of the proposed Mountain Valley Pipeline from surveying their property without permission. The families allege that the project does not have a "public use" and therefore is not eligible to use West Virginia's eminent domain law to force residents to allow those surveys. "Not a single West Virginian ...
March 16, 2015
- The era of shale drilling waste pits is closing in Pennsylvania. Storage tanks and the companies that market them are on the rise.
- Gov. Wolf's proposed severance tax on Marcellus Shale natural-gas production contains a unique feature that sets a minimum taxable level, guaranteeing that the state would capture its share no matter how low the gas price sank.
- Eureka Hunter Pipeline, LLC , in which Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation owns a substantial equity interest, announced today that throughput volumes on Eureka Hunter's gas gathering pipeline system located ...
March 15, 2015
- WHEELING - Corky Demarco believes West Virginia's 5 percent severance tax on oil and natural gas production is one of the main culprits driving the number of Marcellus and Utica shale drilling rigs throughout the state down to 17, compared to the 2...
March 14, 2015
- By Phil Kabler Going into the final hours of West Virginia's 2015 legislative session, the fate of several key bills remained in doubt, including a bill that originally would have legalized fireworks in the state but had been "Christmas treed" in the Senate to include multiple provisions, including exemptions to smoking bans at racetrack casinos and veterans' organizations and a two-year phase ...
March 11, 2015
- Fitch Ratings does not expect to change EQT Midstream Partners, LP 's 'BBB-' Issuer Default Rating or 'BBB-' senior unsecured rating following the partnership's announcement that it has offered to acquire the Northern West Virginia Marcellus Gathering System from EQT Corporation .
- CHARLESTON - Companies proposing a natural gas pipeline from West Virginia to Virginia are threatening legal action against property owners who refuse to allow surveyors on their land.
March 10, 2015
- EQT sells Marcellus pipeline operations to spin-off company EQT Corp. said it is selling its Marcellus pipeline gathering operations in Northern West Virginia for $1.05 ...