September 2, 2014
- Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas have picked Richmond-based Dominion to build and operate a 550-mile natural gas pipeline from West Virginia into eastern North Carolina.
- CHARLOTTE, N.C., Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY) today announced the selection of Dominion to build and operate a 550-mile interstate natural gas pipeline from West Virginia, through Virginia and into eastern North Carolina to meet the region's rapidly growing demand for natural gas. Called the "Atlantic Coast Pipeline," it also is expected to serve as a ...
August 30, 2014
- MOUNDSVILLE - As a former West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection inspector, Tim Greene believes allowing drilling and fracking in the Marcellus and Utica shale formations beneath the Ohio River should not create any problems for the...
August 28, 2014
- The Marcellus Shale is currently the “largest shale gas play in the world,” and a study from Wood Mackenzie predicts that growth won’t stop any time soon because the formation holds more than $90 billion in remaining value.
August 27, 2014
- By David Gutman WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. - Spouting statistic after statistic, natural gas executives made the case for tying West Virginia's economic future to their industry at the annual West Virginia Chamber of Commerce Business Summit, at The Greenbrier resort Wednesday. "Sometimes, if you're lucky, you find yourself sitting on a treasure," said Randy Cleveland, president of XTO Energy ...
August 25, 2014
- West Virginia has come a long way since former President John F. Kennedy visited the hillsides in 1963. The state has seen much success, but still has much progress to make.
August 24, 2014
- Aqua America's $54 million investment in a pipeline to supply water for Marcellus Shale fracking operations has not exactly gushed profits, as hoped.
August 17, 2014
- By Rusty Marks Members of the Kanawha County Commission agreed Thursday to provide $73,000 in seed money for West Virginia State University to create a program to teach English as a second language. Commissioners Kent Carper, Dave Hardy and Hoppy Shores voted in favor of the donation at a regular meeting. Kimberly Osborne, vice president of university relations, said the money will be used to ...
August 15, 2014
- For the first time, natural gas production in the Marcellus shale has surpassed 15 billion cubic feet per day, the U.S. Energy Information Administration reported Tuesday.
August 13, 2014
- A company is planning a $1.75 billion project that includes laying 160 miles of natural gas pipeline in West Virginia and Ohio. Columbia Pipeline Group announced the investment in a news release Tuesday. ...